Monday, April 20, 2009

A "Google Appropriate" blog?

So much for my rant blog. I just read what this adsense thing is all about, and some of my articles contain a more-than-necessary amount of cursing. Well, I want to make some extra cash with adsense, so I need a Google appropriate blog. However, I can%26#039;t think of something that people would want to read. Here are some of the things that I%26#039;m into. Could any of these form a blog that gets a good amount of traffic?





guitar


creative writing


video games


music


art


working out





Well, those are my main hobbies. I just don%26#039;t see myself getting 100+ pageviews per day with people wanting to read amateur poetry or learn basic guitar. Am I wrong?
A %26quot;Google Appropriate%26quot; blog?
Here%26#039;s a blog that was started by a woman who wrote about two things - knitting and divorce: www.crazyauntpurl.com. Would 100 people want to read about knitting? Or divorce? Not at first. But she put her own personality and passion into it, and she got a few loyal followers. Today she has about 20,000 pageviews per day AND she got offered a publishing contract based on the content of her blog.





So the moral of this story is... focus on what you like the most and can have the most fun with, let your own unique personality shine, and let word of mouth work its internet magic!


No comments:

Post a Comment