Saturday, April 18, 2009

Weird Laptop Connectivity Problem?

I have a Toshiba laptop computer running windows XP and I use a DSL wire connection to connect to the internet. The connection worked fine for months until today, out of the blue, the computer won%26#039;t connect to the internet. When the internet failed I was visiting sites that I normally visit, nothing unusual or unsafe, and when the connection was lost there was no freeze or crash, it just gave the can%26#039;t connect to the internet message as if the wire had been unplugged.





The problem is not with the ISP or the modem because my PC works fine through the exact same connection. The laptop%26#039;s hardware also seems to be fine because it reports no problems. I attempted a system restore to an earlier date but that hasn%26#039;t solved the problem. I haven%26#039;t downloaded anything suspicious or visited any unsafe sites. Spybot detects no viruses. I%26#039;m at a loss, I can%26#039;t figure out why the connection randomly died. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

floral

No comments:

Post a Comment